by John Miller, Secretary
- Director Rex Parker opened the meeting, 7:30PM. He reviewed several current items on the club’s agenda (Keyholder and Member observatory training). It was announced that member Ted Frimet has volunteered as co-editor of Sidereal Times, taking the place of Prasad Ganti.
- Ira Polans introduced guest speaker, Associate Professor of Physics, Bin Chen of NJIT. His presentation centered on solar atmospheric dynamics. There were approximately 50 attendees.
- It was announced that the AAAP has joined the NASA Night Sky Network. Contact Rex Parker or David Skitt for details regarding participation by AAAP members.
- A general discussion addressing the pending project to refurbish the observatory support columns was revisited. Outstanding issues remain contractor availability and costs and necessary permits. Rebuild design was also discussed.
- The current club financial balance is reported at $15,100.
- The meeting adjourned about 10 P.M.