by John Miller, Secretary
● Director Rex Parker opened the meeting, 7:30PM. Presented current events affecting the AAAP. This included various club activities (key holder procedures, field trips, outreach, guest speakers).
● Guest speaker Josh Winn, Princeton University Department of Astrophysical Sciences, was a popular draw. Discussion of Exoplanets. About 125 attendees.
● Professor Winn’s presentation focused of TESS: Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite.
● John Church gave a brief talk about the Mercury transit. The AAAP’s Hastings-Byrne refractor has observed 4 Mercury transits throughout its history.
● There was no Treasurer report.
● Rex did a post-lecture talk on current, selected objects in the November sky (Andromeda, Perseus, Pegasus, Triangulum).
● David Skitt, observatory chair, reported that the Sky 10 software had been renewed. The observatory pillar repair project remains under review for contractors.
● The meeting adjourned at 10PM.