by John Miller, Secretary
- This season-end meet gathered at the N.J. State Museum’s Planetarium.
- Rex Parker, Director, brought the meeting to order at 7:30 P.M.
- The group thanked member Bill Murray for arranging and hosting the Planetarium show. The presentation was titled: Cap Con Go – Story of Apollo 11.
- Rex Parker mentioned the Planetarium’s operation may be in jeopardy due to budget allocations. He stated the intention of sending a letter of support for the facility to the State Museum management, on behalf of the AAAP.
- It was announced that July 20th – Lunar Landing Day will be hosted by the Planetarium. Members are encouraged to attend. That evening, a “Members Night” is scheduled at the Washington Crossing Observatory. All AAAP members and their guests are invited.
Rex Parker announced the Skynet Automated Astrophotography (Skynet University – UNC) contract has been renewed for two years.
A proposal was opened to the floor to hold a AAAP star party at a location in Hopewell Township, NJ. Rex Parker is leading talks with a site called “Gravity Hill.” Tentative dates discussed were September 28th and 29th, 2019.
- There was continued discussion regarding a proposed name change to our organization. From: Amateur Astronomers Association of Princeton To: Astronomy Association of Princeton.
- The meeting adjourned at 10:10 PM.