by Jim Poinsett
Minutes of the October 9, 2018 meeting of the Amateur Astronomers Association of Princeton
- The meeting was called to order after the lecture by Dr. Jack Hughes on “Stellar Nucleosysthesis”.
Observing items –
- A cub scout group would like to visit the observatory on October 13th and is looking for volunteers.
- There are two Planetarium/Observatory sessions planned. One for October 12th and one for the 19th.
- The Stokes Star Party is October 12th – 14th.
- On November 24th the NJ State Planetarium is hosting a “How to Choose Your First Telescope” session and is looking for members to bring their scopes and discuss them with visitors. Talk with Bill Murray if interested.
- There are a couple of website updates in progress, one of which is an updated membership form.
- Becoming a member of the “Night Sky Network” is being investigated.
- Rex has volunteered to host a “How to Build a Home Observatory” seminar. See Sidereal Times for more information.
- Member book reviews are being solicited. Share your recent readings with other members.
- Field trip ideas were discussed, the Smithsonian Air and Space by Dulles Washington is one possibility.
- It was suggested to find a lecturer that would discuss Radio Astronomy.
- Since StarQuest was clouded out, Dave presented his nature/astro photographs.
Meeting was adjourned.