by James Poinsett, Secretary
- The meeting was called to order by the Director, Rex Parker at 7:00.
- The entire five member board was present along with the Observatory Chairs and several members.
- Bill Murray volunteered to be the Nominating Chair for the upcoming election. The slate will be announced at the April meeting with the election to be held at the May meeting.
- Some additional publicity will be done for Jim Green’s appearance at the April meeting.
- The May speaker is set and the Program committee is looking for suggestions for next years speakers. Specific speakers or even topics are wanted.
- The website was reviewed and overall received very well. A suggestion was made to slow down the picture rotation speed on the home page and to increase the size of the next speaker announcement.
- The topic of attracting younger members was next. Several ideas were discussed. We will put together a list of area high school science teachers and make sure to email them our meeting announcements and perhaps attract them or some of their students.
- The keyholder refresher at the planetarium went very well. Another is planned for May 14th using the Minolta star projector.
- There will be training on the Mallincam video camera on April 1st and 8th at the observatory. If there is bad weather, the training will still be held.
- The Board expressed it’s thanks to Michael Mitrano and crew for the work on the roof and the south end gable.
- The next topic for discussion was another telescope for the mount with the HB refractor. Rex has suggested a 10-inch Maksutov-Cassegrain he found on Astromart. It is an exceptional scope with many pros and cons. No decision was made except to ask for more ideas from the membership.
- The new computers and software for the observatory that was approved last year will be purchased and installed. A new monitor for the Mallincam will be installed also.
- The topic of the club-owned CCD camera was brought up for discussion. The camera has seen very little use. A suggestion was made to sell the current one and buy an easier one to use. More discussion will be held at the next meeting.
- Possible field trips to Goddard Space Center and the Cherry Springs star party were discussed.
- Communiversity was April 17th and was a big success.
- The Board agreed to make a $100 donation to the Washington Crossing Park Association.
- The meeting was adjourned at 9:00 PM.