by James Poinsett, Secretary
- Larry Kane called the meeting to order and introduced Prasad Ganti
- Prasad then introduced the speaker for the evening, Dr. Neta Bahcall and her lecture “The Dark Side of the Universe”.
- After the lecture Larry reminded the group that there will be a board meeting on Tuesday, March 29th at the West Windsor Library at 7:00 PM.
- The club has reserved a table at Communiversity on April 17th. Volunteers are needed.
- The last weekend of April, the 29th and 30th, there will be a Boy Scout Jamboree in Washington Crossing State Park. There will be 150+ scouts along with 30-40 adults. The observatory will be open both Friday and Saturday nights. Volunteers are requested for daytime solar observing.
- A nominating committee is needed to set a slate of officers for election in May.
- Observatory notes
- Water has been turned on
- The main gate to the park is broken. The club discussed the possibility of buying a chain and reflectors to assist the park. Gene will discuss the possibility of opening the gate for the season early giving the park several months to repair it. Another idea was brought up that it is not our problem, it is the park’s problem and we should have nothing to do with fixing or replacing it due to liability concerns.
- The work on the new gable end should be finished by the time you read this.
- The speaker next month is Jim Green from NASA.
- April 1st and 2nd is the Stokes Star party. Be forewarned, it is a bare bones star party, there is not food available on site, you must bring your own.
- There will not be a Super Science Saturday at the NJ Museum this year.
- NEAF is the 9th and 10th of April.
- The meeting was adjourned.