by Jim Poinsett, Secretary
- Rex brought the meeting to order and started a discussion on club activities.
- Jim Poinsett presented the 10 inch Newtonian astrograph from the recent donation to the club. It’s use for the video project was discussed.
- Rex discussed the club tour at the Princeton Plasma Physics Lab mentioning that it was well attended and very interesting. We are looking for ideas for future club field trips. The Naval Observatory and Cherry Springs Park in PA were brought up as possibilities.
- Bill Murray informed the club that he is now a full-time employee of the planetarium at the NJ State Museum.
- Rex then introduced Gene Ramsey the speaker for the evening.
- The club was informed that Kate Otto will not be returning as Program Chair. She is moving and no longer able to do the job. We will find a successor for next year. In addition, we need to find a nominating committee to compile a slate of candidates for next year.
- There will be a board meeting soon, hopefully before the next general meeting. If not before the next meeting, then shortly afterward.
- Trying to attach the new paramount to our existing pier will be tried the week after the Feb meeting. A report will be given at the next meeting.
- The topic of the club library was brought up for discussion. It would be good to have a place where club members are able to access it. More discussion needs to be held. The possibility of asking Peyton Hall to donate space for a bookshelf was mentioned. A meeting will have to take place to discuss what to keep for the library and what to give away.
- Additional discussion was held on club field trips. The Naval Observatory would be a Monday evening trip. There will be more discussion at the board meeting on how the club would travel to the site. Cherry Springs star party is in June. The date of a possible club trip would be mid-July.
- StarQuest will be held on the new moon weekend in September.
- The Horn Antenna at former Bell Labs in Holmdell was mentioned as another possibility for a field trip.
- There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned.