by Larry Kane, Secretary
The meeting was called to order by Director Ludy D’Angelo
- Observatory Report: During the last storm, a power surge caused some damage to the circuit breaker box in the observatory. Director D’Angelo suggested that we wait until the power company can check their lines and determine where the problem is, and inform us when power can be returned to the observatory. A suggestion was made to get the approval of the membership to hire an electrician to replace the box and any other damaged parts, once the power can be restored. The Director recommended that we have at least two quotes from electricians. Treasurer Mitrano raised the issue that the State must treat the well that supplies water to the observatory. A discussion was held on gaining access to a compressor that could be used to blow out and clean the lines that supply the water. It was also pointed out that we would need a power supply for the compressor, depending on its type. According to the UACNJ, our observatory at Jenny Jump will require insurance coverage up to the limits set by the State, as of January 1. It was thought that any additional coverage would not cost that much
- Web Site: The website was updated a week ago.
- Secretary: One new membership application was received but the new member’s information was not on the member roster. Secretary Kane announced that he sent the updated roster with the new member’s information to the webmaster. Secretary Kane also stated that he sent another message to the membership requesting those who have not paid their current dues, to do so.
- Sidereal Times: Co-editor Michael Wright announced the continued help provided by co-editor Surabhi Agarwal in getting out the last issue. The next deadline for submittals is December 2nd.
- Outreach Report: The group has been invited to do a star party in Allentown on November 18th.
- StarQuest: There is a thousand dollars in prizes to be given away. It appears that people are waiting for the weather forecast before committing to attend. The meeting was adjourned by Director D’Angelo.